Mac Email Client Configuration
Article Reference NumberAA-04869
0 Rating/ 18 Voters
Mac Mail 2
- From the File menu select Add Account...
- In the Account Type drop-down choose POP. Enter any Account Description you like, your Full Name and your full Email Address. Click Continue.
- Enter ex.myhosting.com as the Incoming Mail Server, enter your full email address as the User Name and your Password. Click Continue.
- Enter auth.myhosting.com as the Outgoing Mail Server. Then check mark Use Authentication and enter your full email address as the User Name and your Password. Click Continue.
- Review your account details on the Account Summary page and then click Continue and then Done.
- From the Tools menu select Account Settings...
- Click Add Account...
- Select Email account and click Continue.
- Enter your name and your full email address, then click Continue.
- Select POP and then enter ex.myhosting.com as your Incoming Server and auth.myhosting.com as your Outgoing Server. Click Continue.
- Enter your full email address as your Incoming User Name, and then click Next.
- Enter anything you like as your Account Name and click Continue.
- Review the settings and then click Done.
- From the Window menu select Personalities. In the Personalities window, click on the button in the bottom-left corner to create a new Personality. Name it whatever you like.
- The Settings window should then open. In the menu on the left, scroll up to the top and select Getting Started.
- Enter your full email address in the User Name and Email Address fields, and enter ex.myhosting.com in the Mail Server and auth.myhosting.com in the SMTP Server fields. Fill in your name in the Real Name field.
- Select the Checking Mail section and make sure you select POP for your Mail Protocol and Passwords for Authentication.
- Select the Sending Mail section. In the SMTP Relay Personality drop-down, select the name of the Personality you created in step 1. Then click OK to close the Settings window.
- From the Tools menu select Mail and chat accounts... and then click Add...
- Select Regular e-mail (POP) and click Next.
- Enter your Real name, full E-mail address and (optionally) your Organization and then click Next.
- Enter your full email address as your Login name and your Password, then click Next.
- Enter ex.myhosting.com as the Incoming server and auth.myhosting.com as the Outgoing server and then click Finish.
- From the Tools menu select Mail and chat accounts... Locate the account you just added, select it and click Edit...
- Select the Servers tab. Under Outgoing SMTP server select the Authentication drop-down menu and choose AUTH LOGIN. Then enter your full email address as the Username and your account password. Click OK and then Close.
- From the Tools menu select Accounts.
- Make sure the Mail tab is selected and click New.
- Choose POP as the Account type and click OK.
- For the Account name enter any label you wish. Next, fill in your Name and full E-mail address. In the Account ID field enter your full email address. In the POP server field enter ex.myhosting.com and then enter your Password.
- In the SMTP server field enter auth.myhosting.com and then Click here for advanced sending options. Select the SMTP server requires authentication check box and the Use same settings as receiving mail server option.
- Click OK and then close the Accounts dialog window.