As online businesses receive more visitors, process more transactions and demand more applications, shared server plans are often overwhelmed, creating technical problems that limit profits. According to a recent SiliconIndia report, businesses can turn to virtual private servers to upgrade their plans.
The report said VPS servers allow businesses to use a larger percentage of the server's tangible resources, including processing power, memory and hard disk space. This gives users the ability to handle more visitors to their site while allowing them to upgrade the web page with advanced features and applications.
According to the report, a VPS essentially provides a private space to work within a server, providing website owners with the ability to customize the device's management and maintenance. However, the physical server is still shared between a small number of companies, making a virtual private serve a low-cost solution.
Last month, the Web Hosting Geeks released a report saying VPS servers are ideal for companies placing multiple domains into a hosted environment. By renting out an entire VPS server, the organization can assign each domain to one section of the VPS, managing each partition separately, but within parameters that are set for the entire device.
- Multiple domain hosting can help businesses efficiently use shared servers
- Report: Shared host can fit small businesses well
- Cloud-based VPS can dynamically impact businesses of all sizes
- Report: VPS is an economically viable solution for web developers
- Expert: Software makes the difference between dedicated and VPS hosting