Becoming Familiar with the Plesk 9.5 Interface
| Reference Number: AA-00990 Created: 2012-09-20 13:36 Last Updated: 2012-10-09 10:54
0 Rating/ Voters
Becoming Familiar with Parallels Plesk 9.5 for VPS
Click here for a video tutorial
This tutorial assumes that you have already logged in to Plesk.
Now let's learn more about Plesk, the features available, and how to navigate the various available pages.
- We're currently signed in to the Home page of Plesk which you can always get back to by clicking the Home link at the left menu.
- Let's have a look at the quick links located in the Main Menu.
- Click the Mail link.
- This is Mail Accounts section for your domain, where we can quickly add new mail resources and adjust mail settings.
- Click the Applications link.
- Here we can install various web applications for your domain.
- Click the Settings link.
- In Settings section, you can see the most commonly used Plesk features. Scroll down to see all of them.
- Click the Up Level option near the top right of the page to get one level up.
- Double-click Visited Pages to see the pages we've just visited.
- Double-click Favorites link to add to Favorites.
- Click My Account to see the account's preferences.
- We'll learn how to change the domain's properties in the next tutorials.
- Click the Home link.
- There are many tools available from the Home page, and are therefore divided into different groups.
- The Mail group tools allow to create different mail resources and adjust their settings.
- The Website group allows adding subdomains, domain aliases, web users, and adjust the general web hosting settings.
- The Files group contains File Manager, Backup Manager, and SSH Terminal tools.
- In Applications & Services group you can install various web applications and order services such as Domain Registration.
- The Statistics group tools allow monitoring of your website's traffic, resources, and analyzing logs.
- With the help of the Additional Tools, you can set up Scheduled
Tasks, install SSL Certificates, Limit Bandwidth, and create Custom
- The Domain Administration group provides tools for managing your personal account's data.
- Scroll up now.
- In the top section, we can see the IP address of our domain, the Disk space allotted, and the Traffic used.
This is the end of the tutorial. You should now be more familiar with
Plesk's new interface, its various features, and tools available.