IIS 6 Scripting Tools
| Reference Number: AA-01158 Created: 2012-09-21 13:51 Last Updated: 2012-10-09 13:16
0 Rating/ Voters
Enabling IIS 6 Scripting Tools for IIS 7
By default the "IIS 6 Scripting Tools" role service is not installed
when your Windows Virtual Server is setup. You can enabled them if
you're looking for support for your scripts that use ActiveX Data
Objects (ADO) or Active Directory Service Interface (ADSI) APIs. To
enable the IIS 6 scripting tools for IIS 7 you'll need to do the
- Remote Desktop into your server.
- Once you're logged in click on the START button and then
right-click on the Server Manager icon. This will pop up a list of
options. Click on the "Run as administrator" option.
- Next click on the ROLES item in the left-hand side of the
window. Then on the right-hand side of the window click on the "Add Role
- Scroll down through the available role services until you get to
the bottom of the list. There you will find a section related to IIS 6.
Check the checkbox beside "IIS 6 Scripting Tools".
- Once you check the checkbox a message will pop up to let you
know that you need to add some additional role services are installed.
Press the "Add Required Role Services" button to continue.
- The required role services will be checked off. To proceed with the installation press the NEXT button.
- Press the INSTALL button to continue.
- When the process is done you should see a "Installation Succeeded" message. Press the CLOSE button to finish.