Installing a Custom Web Part
To add a Web Part to your collection, you can follow these steps:
- Log on to your SharePoint Services site. From the Site Actions menu select Site Settings
- Under Galleries click on Go to Site Administration
- Under Site Collection Galleries click on Web Parts
- From the Upload menu select Upload Document or Upload Multiple Documents
- You can then Browse to the location on your computer where the .dwp or .xml file is located and upload to the server.
Please note that we do not support the installation of Web Parts
which include additional support files or have custom security
Installing 3rd-Party Web Part
Because your Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site is hosted on a
shared hosting platform, we may or may not be able to support some
3rd-party web parts.
Some Web Parts include only a single .DWP file and you can add them to your site easily from the Web Part Gallery.
However, some web parts have additional installation files and must be
installed by a Server Administrator. In such cases, you will need to
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request installation of the web part.
Please note that our decision on whether to install 3rd-part web
parts will depend on a number of factors including security, stability,
and licensing. We are only able to install a web part if it is licensed
for use by multiple site-collections on a single shared hosting server.
We cannot install any web part which is licensed for use by a single
user or single site collection only, as we have no way of restricting
using of the web part to other customers on the shared hosting server.